1. About Mediafin
The media sales house of Mediafin NV (hereafter referred to as "Trustmedia-Bepublic Group”) offers advertising space for sale on audio-visual channels, in newspapers, in magazines and on digital media, that are the property of Mediafin NV, or of a third party for which Mediafin Studios acts as an external sales house.
Trustmedia-Bepublic Group, with its registered offices at Havenlaan 86C box 309, 1000 Brussels, company registration number 0404.800.301, acts in this as the responsible processor.
Trustmedia-Bepublic Group cares a great deal about your privacy, and as a result, takes all the necessary measures to protect your privacy in accordance with the Law for the Protection of the Personal Life with regards to the Processing of Personal Data, and from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), in both cases together with all legislation that they will be implemented or supplemented with and possible other applicable legislation related to the protection of data or privacy.
2. Entities Mediafin Studios
The following entities are part of Mediafin Studios and offer Services:
- Trustmedia Advertising
- Content Republic
- Financial Communication
- News Services
3. The Services
When we refer to “content”, we mean, amongst other, all articles, visual and audio material, advertising, and other content that we offer, interactive or not (i.e. polls, competitions…).
This content is selected based on prior agreed criteria, which is determined by the content of the pages or categories of the websites that you visit, and the information that you were able to share with Trustmedia-Bepublic Group when registering on the various websites or Services by Mediafin NV.
4. How do we collect data? And what data is included?
Personal data of Mediafin NV can be shared with various entities that are part of company itself, in Belgium and abroad, including Trustmedia-Bepublic Group.
In addition, Trustmedia-Bepublic Group can also receive data from advertisers, commercial partners, and/or associated entities.
- Registration mailings Trustmedia-Bepublic Group
We collect data (for example e-mail address, name, company, and telephone number) when you register on the website of Trustmedia Advertising (https://www.trustmedia.be) to inform you via e-mail and telephone about advertising campaigns or promotions.
- Use of commercial services of Trustmedia-Bepublic Group
Trustmedia-Bepublic Group collects data (e.g. e-mail address, first name, last name, gender, company, function and language) when you contact Trustmedia-Bepublic Group by e-mail or telephone (e.g. to request a quote, place an order, manage a social media account).
- Participation in events of Trustmedia-Bepublic Group
Trustmedia-Bepublic Group collects data (e.g. e-mail address, first name, last name, gender, company, position and language) when you register for an event organized by Trustmedia-Bepublic Group.
- Registration Mijn Tijd - Relevant ads and partner information
Trustmedia-Bepublic Group collects data (e.g. e-mail address, surname and first name) when you subscribe to the website of De Tijd (https://www.tijd.be/mijn-tijd/) in order to be informed by e-mail about advertising actions or promotions.
- Use of Services and App(s) of Mediafin NV.
Trustmedia-Bepublic Group collects data about the pages that are consulted via the app.
- Trustmedia-Bepublic Group collects data when you make use of Services of Mediafin NV. For example: which subscription you have, the web pages you visit, the functions you use, advertisements that appear on web pages you visit as well as the advertisements you click on and events. These data are used to monitor the effective use on the websites of Mediafin NV.
- Trustmedia-Bepublic Group conducts market research. Questionnaires are sent out, the answers are stored for analysis purposes.
When using MEDIAFIN NV's apps on a mobile device, the unique identifier of that device can be captured. MEDIAFIN NV can also record the type of device used or the version of the operating system used. MEDIAFIN NV can record how and where the app is used and where it was downloaded (location information).
MEDIAFIN NV can also collect more general information such as IP-range, OS type, browser type, language, referrer, etc. This helps to provide consistent Services on all your devices.
5. How do we use this data?
- Because it is necessary to execute the agreement between us:
Subsequent processing is necessary for the execution of the agreement. If, in these cases, you do not provide us with the personal data or do not allow us to process them, we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with the Services:
- Setting up and maintaining (including preventing and remedying problems) the Services (e.g. publishing an advertisement, providing a communication service).
- Use of personal data for billing purposes
- To answer any questions about support or information related to MEDIAFIN SA or the Services
- For other compatible purposes to the extent necessary to provide the Services.
- On the basis of our own legitimate interest as a company:
Certain use of your personal data by MEDIAFIN NV is in our legitimate interest to improve the Services and to safeguard our own legitimate interests in this respect. In this context, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
Pursuant to a legal obligation: In certain circumstances, MEDIAFIN NV is legally obliged to process certain data, e.g. with regard to the preparation and storage of invoices.
- Customer management
- To get to know you better about the MEDIAFIN NV Services;
- To gain a better understanding of the Services we offer (e.g. through analytical tools that register technical characteristics of the content, advertising or newsletters, technical issues or requests viewed by you on an individual level, or that register the viewing experience for content and advertising), to improve them and to identify general trends.
- Personalization, contact and interaction with you within your chosen Service based on the personal data and use you make of the Services. MEDIAFIN NV strives to make the Services it offers as relevant as possible to you. For example, MEDIAFIN NV maintains a profile based on the use you make of the Services, including the content you request, in order to get a picture of your likely interests. On the basis of these interests, MEDIAFIN NV can adapt the content, advertisements and the experience for different groups of users. For example, you as a user may be included in a certain category, such as 'investor over 26 years of age, interest in funds'. This group will see different content recommendations and advertisements than the category 'Newsreader in the age category under 26, interest in culture and current affairs'.
- To keep you informed about advertisements relating to MEDIAFIN NV's own similar products and Services
- To prevent and detect abuse or fraud and to improve security
If you do not provide us with the personal data in these cases, we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with certain Services.
- Only with your express consent:
- To be able to send newsletters to you
- To be kept informed of advertisements relating to non-similar products and services of MEDIAFIN NV or products and services of third parties.
- To pass on your data to third parties outside MEDIAFIN NV for marketing purposes.
6. Who do we share your personal data with?
This personal data is processed by Trustmedia-Bepublic Group, which is responsible for the processing.
- Entities within MEDIAFIN NV: We may share your personal data with other entities associated with Mediafin NV.
- Suppliers: Personal data may be transferred to other companies, intermediaries or service providers ("Suppliers") to perform certain services on our behalf. For example, Mediafin NV uses Suppliers to provide marketing, communication, infrastructure and IT services, to process results of market research. By default, we only allow our suppliers to process your personal data to the extent necessary for the provision of their services.
If a supplier wishes to process your data for purposes other than the provision of their service (e.g. to communicate to you about their own services), your data will only be passed on to them subject to your consent.
- Authorities: We may also share or transfer personal data, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or legal requests, including law enforcement and government authorities
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud and technical security problems; or
- Advertisers: Unless you give us your explicit consent, your personal data will not be shared with advertisers. Data will only be shared with advertisers and commercial partners on the basis of anonymous and aggregated data, for example to inform them about the general use of the services.
- Transfer to third countries outside the EEA: MEDIAFIN SA transfers certain data to entities located in countries outside the European Economic Area. In such cases, MEDIAFIN NV undertakes to appoint only those controllers and processors that offer sufficient guarantees in terms of security and protection of personal data in accordance with applicable privacy legislation (to countries for which an adequacy decision exists or to entities that have signed the standard clauses of the European Commission or that have joined the Privacy Shield program in the U.S. where relevant). If you wish to receive more information about this, please contact the MEDIAFIN DPO.
- Furthermore, MEDIAFIN NV will not provide your data to other third parties without your prior consent, unless Trustmedia-Bepublic Group is obliged to do so by law or court order.
8. What are your rights?
You have the following rights with regard to our processing of your personal data:
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain information about whether or not personal data about you is being processed, and where this is the case in order to gain access to it.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to have incomplete, erroneous, inappropriate or outdated personal data deleted or corrected. You will be able to change certain data yourself on your profile page. For other matters, you will find our contact details at the bottom of this document. We will then amend or remove this information if necessary within the legally established time limits.
- Right of deletion: You have the right in certain cases to obtain deletion of the personal data concerning you. For example, if the use of your personal data is based on consent and you have withdrawn your consent, if this data has to be deleted due to a legal obligation or if the data has been processed incorrectly.
- Right of restriction: You have the right to restrict the processing of personal data concerning you in certain cases. For example: